Its safe to say that Santa and I are on a first name basis and he may have let it slip that he's bringing my little gal a play kitchen for Christmas. When I saw this at my very favorite store on earth, I thought it might make the perfect addition to a little kitchen:
Anthropologie Tea and Crumpets apron. Instead of buying one, I decided to make my own version!
2. Take your top apron piece and hem on both sides as well as the top, leaving the bottom raw edge alone.
3. Cut 3 strips of fabric. Hem the sides of the strips and the top for a clean edge.
4. Ruffle your strips of fabric by pushing the strips through your sewing machine faster than it can sew to create nice pleats.
5. Place, pin and sew your ruffles onto your top apron piece.
6. To make your pipping, cut 2, 1 inch strips. The strips need to be a little longer than your waist piece. Fold in half and press
7. Pin your pipping piece onto the bottom of your top apron piece.
8. Hem your waist piece- I hemmed mine about a 1/2 inch on each side.
9. Pin your waist piece to your pipping and sew across the top.
10. Attach your second piece of pipping to the bottom half of the waist strip.
11. Pleat the top of your bottom apron piece.
12. Sew the bottom apron piece onto the waist piece.
13. Cut 2, 3 inch strips of fabric for your neck straps, fold in half and press.
14. Sew down the edge, creating a tube and turn inside out. Press.
15. Pin and sew onto both sides of the top part of the apron.
16. Make your own ruffle or use store bought trim and pin onto the bottom of your apron and sew. Make sure your raw edges match up.
17. Sew a top stitch along the bottom edge to create a nice finished look.
18. For the waist ties, follow the same steps you did on the neck ties but make them longer and as wide as your waist piece. Sew them onto the waist piece and...
Your finished! Phew!
Linking up to these Fabulous parties: